Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another wheel option?


Still waitng for Steve Hed to get back to me regarding the best choice for me between the HED wheels. But now another option: The Roval Fusee Star Wheelset ($700), The local guys will give me a deal on this, about 25% off MSRP, plus wheel bags, tubes and whatever tires I want. Available in two colors. Odd looking and the design I am not sure of, but a lifetime replacement and repair warranty. They do weight about 250g more than my current wheel set, but get the wider rim of 21mm vs. my 19mm rim.
Although the HED wheels are 23mm wide, price for HED is $800

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, 250 grams is 8.8 ounces.
Do you really think you'd notice that? Lifetime warranty is good, but I would still order a couple extra spokes to carry with on long trips. (RAGBRAI, TdK, etc.)
What's the price differential?

Dr DOPE said...

Price.. well about $100 less than the HED Ardennes and maybe about $300 less than the HED Jet 4.

DIRK said...

The Roval's looked good on your bike. Get them!